Last May, after a wonderful (and exhausting) day at Denise Silber’s Doctors 2.0 & You conference in Paris, our Medicine X group decamped to Royal Madeleine to recuperate. Our dinner discussion raised a few questions. Why are conferences so exhausting? Wouldn’t it be nice to take a nap if you are tired or jet-lagged, yet still not miss the sessions you want to see?
We decided Medicine X should have a wellness room dedicated to enabling our e-patients and guests to recuperate from the demands of the conference. We are proud today to announce the Stanford Medicine X Wellness room.
The wellness room at Medicine X will have comfortable seating for rest and relaxation as well as special amenities for our e-patients and guests including:
- Hot towels and heating pads (useful for joint pain)
- Cool packs (useful for joint pain)
- Eye masks
- Refrigerated medication holding area
- Discrete medication administration area and sharps container for needle disposal
- Discrete area for nursing mothers
- Ear buds
- Dimmed lighting
- Warm blankets
- Relaxation imagery provided by Margaret Hansen and Salumedia.
The Medicine X Wellness room will be available to all conference guests on a first-come, first-served basis. We invite you to stop by, visit and be well!