The Medicine X l ED conference at Stanford will be hosted in Silicon Valley, home to many of the world’s preeminent technology companies such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Yahoo, Intel, and others. The conferences will be hosted by the Stanford University School of Medicine, and will be held at the school’s new $90 millon Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge (291 Campus Drive, Stanford, California). Stanford University is located in Northern California, approximately 35 miles south of San Francisco.
Dates of our 2017 Conference:
Medicine X | ED Stanford: April 22-23, 2017
We advise all attendees to arrive no later than the evening of Friday April 21st, 2017 as the conference begins in the early morning of Saturday April 22nd, 2017.
We have arranged for best rates for local accommodation at the Palo Alto Westin and Sheraton hotels on our conference accommodation page.
How to get to Stanford University
The Stanford University campus and the Li Ka Shing Learning and Knowledge conference center is conveniently located in Silicon Valley in Northern California. San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and San Jose Mineta International (SJC) Airports are both about 20 miles from Stanford University. Oakland International Airport is a bit further away, and is located in the East bay. Most domestic and international travelers arrive at the San Francisco International Airport. Some travelers prefer the smaller size of the San Jose International Airport.
By Car – to Li Ka Shing Center for Knowledge and Learning on the campus of Stanford University at 291 Campus Drive, Stanford, California
From Hwy 101: Take the Embarcadero Road exit heading west to El Camino Real. After crossing El Camino Real, you will be entering the campus at Galvez Street. Once on campus, stay in the left lane and continue. At the stop sign, turn right onto Campus Drive East. The Galvez Lot will be on your right. Follow the instructions below for parking, then a shuttle will take you to the conference center.
From Hwy 280: Take the Sand Hill Road exit, heading east. Follow Sand Hill Road down and turn right at Arboretum Road. Turn right at Galvez Street, then turn right again at Campus Drive. The Galvez Lot will be on your right. Follow the instructions below for parking, then a shuttle will take you to the conference center.
- Parking is free on the weekends
- We strongly encourage you utilize public transportation or our shuttles (ticket required) to get to the conference at the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge (LKSC) – 291 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 94305. If you are driving, free parking is available at all parking lots on the weekends, however, we advise you to park at Roth Way Garage and Stock Farm Garage near LKSC.
South and East Bay Airport Shuttle
From SFO: $30.00* one-way ($6.00 each additional person). From SJC: $30.00* one-way ($6.00 each additional person). Please call for pick-up locations. Reservations need to be made one day in advance. For fare and schedule updates, visit: www.southbayairportshuttle.com
*$30.00 fare applies to telephone reservations. If reservations made online, fare is $29.
From SFO: $27.00 one-way ($9.00 each additional person). Pick up will be at Terminal 1 (across from Air Canada ) or Terminal 3 (across from United’s door #3). Operates 24 hours daily. Reservation required for return trip to the airport (3-stop max per shuttle trip). From SJC: $26.00 one-way ($9.00 each additional person). Call to arrange pick-up. For fare and schedule updates, visit: www.supershuttle.com
General Accessibility Considerations
- Accessible parking is in front of LKSC at 291 Campus Drive.
- Flat, non-graded building entrance.
- Accessible washrooms are located on each floor of the meeting space, in the center of the building near the elevator core.
- Event signage for accessibility resources strategically placed at main halls on each floor of the venue.
- Two central elevators to reach each floor of the building and all event spaces.
- Elevators with Braille.
Persons with Disabilities
- Mobility assistive devices: wheelchair, walker, cane, golf cart and human assistance provided upon request.
- Service animals are welcome: Water bowls, treats, potty bags are available upon request. Please do not pet service animals without first asking for permission from owner.
- All restrooms are ADA-compliant
- There are restrooms on the ground floor
- All gender restrooms
Lighting and Sound Accommodations
- Daylight viewing areas for video livestream for those who prefer light-neutral viewing conditions.
- Ear plugs are available for delegates with noise sensitivities.
Dietary Accommodations (can be accommodated with advanced notice)
- Lacto-ovo Vegetarian
Food Allergies (can be accommodated with advanced notice)
- Peanut allergy
- Milk allergy
- Egg allergy
- Wheat/gluten allergy
- Soy allergy
- Fish allergy
- Shellfish allergy
Religious Dietary Accommodations (can be accommodated with advanced notice)
- Judaism (Kosher)
- Islam (Halal)