The Medicine X team is proud to announce the launch of our High School Scholars initiative, which will allow a select group of highly motivated high school students interested in the future of health care and technology to join us on Stanford’s campus for the Saturday and Sunday of Medicine X 2015!
In addition to attending the conference, student scholars will have the opportunity to enter a writing competition for the chance to be recognized as one of our top three “Most Engaged and Impactful High School Scholars!” The winners will have their pieces published on the official Medicine X blog and shared with the #MedX community, which spans 69 countries and reached over 5,500,000 unique individuals during the 2014 conference.
Admission to this program is highly competitive, and will provide students with the opportunity to engage and network with leaders on the forefront of medical innovation.
Application Process and Timeline
1. Submit an application to the Stanford Medicine X High School Scholars program by Friday, September 18th at 5 PM PST. Your application will be forwarded to our admission committee for screening prior to acceptance to the program. Please note that admissions are offered on a rolling basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible.
2. Accepted applicants will be notified via email within 2 weeks of submission. If accepted, you must register and pay the $49 program fee within 48 hours to guarantee your spot in the Medicine X 2015 High School Scholar cohort.
3. Attend Medicine X 2015 on Saturday, September 26th and Sunday, September 27th, to be held at the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge on Stanford University’s campus.
4. After the conference, write a blog post (750 words maximum) reflecting on your Medicine X experience.
Some questions to consider when writing:
- What did you think of the conference?
- What did you learn?
- How do you think the ideas presented at Medicine X 2015 will affect the future of health care?
- What impact does Medicine X have on you, as a high school student, and your future?
Blog posts must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Sunday, October 4th at 5 PM PST
. Every student who submits a blog post will receive an official “Certificate of Completion” confirming that they attended and actively participated in Medicine X 2015.
Judging and Awards
All submitted blog posts will be reviewed and scored by a distinguished jury of health care professionals convened by Stanford Medicine X. Selection criteria will be based on the quality of writing, and the thoughtfulness of the reflections. The jury will be led by Dr. Larry Chu, executive director of Medicine X and associate professor of anesthesiology at the Stanford University School of Medicine.
The top 3 blog posts will be selected. Winners will have their pieces published on the official Medicine X blog, and shared with our international audience consisting of patients, providers, industry professionals, and medical luminaries and thought leaders.
Email us at email@example.com, or give our office a call at 650-723-4671.