Who: Our conference is designed for all stakeholders in medical education, including health care students, patients, educators, administrators, Deans, and program directors. UME and GME stakeholders.
What: A two-day educational event which will operate as an affiliated conference to Medicine X.
Medicine X | Ed will focus on the future of medical education in the new Millennium, the role technology and networked intelligence might play in driving educational innovation, the new challenges facing health care education in the new Millennium, as well as the need to change the culture of medical education to be more patient-centered, participatory and patient-safety-focused. The plenary session on Wednesday Sept 23, 2015 will be livestreamed to a global audience in Paul Berg Hall. Learning labs, masterclasses and workshops will be held on Thursday September 24, 2015.
When: Wednesday September 23, 2015 and Thursday September 24, 2015.
Where: Paul Berg Hall and the Li Ka Shing Learning and Knowledge Center at Stanford University School of Medicine.
Larry Chu, MD, MS – Stanford University School of Medicine
- Bryan Vartabedian, MD – Baylor College of Medicine
- Kirsten Ostherr, PhD, MPH – Rice University
- Kyle Harrison, MD – Stanford University School of Medicine
- Anne Marie Cunningham, MD – Cardiff University School of Medicine
- Bertalan Meskó. MD, PhD – Semmelweis Medical School, Hungary
- Kevin Clauson, PharmD – Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy
- ePatients – Sarah Kucharski, Britt Moody
- Students – Amol Utrankar (Vanderbilt, Medical Student), Anna Clemenson (Duke University School of Nursing, Nursing Student), Matthew Erlendson (Yale School of Medicine, Medical Student), Justin Halls (Tulane University School of Medicine, Medical Student), Roheet Kakaday (OHSU, Medical Student), Nicholas Vu (UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Charles Prober, Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education, Stanford University
- Jennifer Salopek – Editor, Wing of Zock