- Please check back closer to the conference to find the finalized scheduled time of your session. We cannot yet guarantee the exact time and date of your presentation, as this will be assigned 1 week before the conference, however, please note that your oral presentation will take place on either Friday, September 5, Saturday, September 6 or Sunday, September 7, 2014.
- Please plan to be in Palo Alto for the entire duration of the conference, September 5-7, 2o14.
- All oral presentations will take place on the Medicine X main stage or in a breakout room. Please note room assignments are made 1 week in advance of the conference and we cannot guarantee room assignments.
- Your presentation will be 20 minutes in length. You will give your prepared oral presentation during the first 15 minutes of your allotted time. The remaining 5 minutes will be reserved for questions from the audience.
- Please note that due to scheduling, we must insist that speakers do not exceed their allotted time. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions with regard to the time allotted for the duration of your presentation. The chair in charge of moderating your session will stop your talk after 15 minutes regardless of whether you have finished giving your talk.
- Please save any slides necessary for your speech as a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation on a USB flash drive. Presentations will be loaded from an Apple Mac Pro laptop computer for digital projection. When you have finished preparing your slides please send us a copy with any attached files – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are using any video or sound clips in your presentation, please include the original file alongside your presentation on your USB flash drive.
- We kindly request that you arrive at your designated speaking location at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of your session.
- You will upload your slides to the Medicine X conference computers, introduce yourself to the chair in charge of moderating your session and tell the session chair how you would like to be announced to the audience. This time also allows us to rearrange the schedule, if necessary, to account for unavoidable conflicts.
- Session chairs will be announced closer to the time of the conference.
- Your oral presentation will be recorded by Stanford Medicine X and published on the Medicine X website.
- These high quality video recordings of your work will be made available in an open access manner to the public.
- Here are some talks from last year’s conference
You must now Register for Medicine X
- Your participation as a speaker at Medicine X requires that you register for the conference.
- Registration for Stanford Medicine X opens May 15th, 2014 here: https://medicinex.stanford.edu/registration-rates-2014/
- Early registration will give you preferential choice in masterclass registration as well as registration for the highly demanded IDEO Design Challenge.
- At least one author (the presenter) must register for the Medicine X conference within 2 weeks of acceptance in order for us to confirm your place in our program. All speakers must register for the Medicine X conference in order to attend. Medicine X is an academic conference, we do not have commercial exhibit halls. Registration fees that are paid by presenters help to support the conference and costs such as video recording and publication of presentations.
- Early bird rates are valid until May 1, 2014.
- Registration for Medicine X confers the following benefits:
- Access to the three day program (September 5-7, 2014);
- Opportunity to apply for admission to Master Classes (early applicants will be favored for possible admission to Master Classes);
- Official Stanford Medicine X presenters portrait (see examples above);
- High quality video recording and publication of your presentation in an open access format on the Stanford Medicine X website;
- One ticket to the exclusive Stanford Medicine X sunset cocktail/welcome reception on the Stanford Alumni lawn;
- Catered breakfast and lunch each day of the conference (September 5-7, 2014);
- Access to the Stanford Medicine X wellness room which contains wellness areas;
- Once you register for the conference, your name, title of your presentation and picture will be uploaded to our speakers page.
Medicine X Speaker FAQs
Who attends Medicine X? Our audience last year came from over 30 countries and six continents and included patients, researchers, technologists and health care providers.
- People from leading business, educational and government institutions will be in attendance.
- Students, executives, patients, scientists and engineers will be in attendance.
- Attendees included individuals from the American Medical Association, Google, Karolinska Institute, Mayo Clinic, New England Journal of Medicine, National Library of Medicine and many others.
Social media coverage of our conference at Stanford created over 10,000,000 impressions and reached over 1,200,000 people. We also seek to create an enduring archive of high quality video coverage of our speakers that will be archived and available by open access through our Stanford social media channels.