Congratulations for being selected as an panel presenter at the Medicine X Conference at Stanford University (Sept 5-7, 2014).
Please read this page carefully as it contains important information regarding the upcoming Medicine X conference.
- Please check back closer to the conference to find the finalized scheduled time of your session. We cannot yet guarantee the exact time and date of your presentation, as this will be assigned 1 week before the conference, however, please note that your panel presentation will take place on either Friday, September 5, Saturday, September 6 or Sunday, September 7, 2014.
- All panel presentations will take place on the Medicine X main stage or in a breakout room. Please note room assignments are made 1 week in advance of the conference and we cannot guarantee room assignments.
- Your panel will be either 45 or 90 minutes in length, depending on your allotted time slot. During your panel, you and your fellow panelists will each give your prepared presentations during your respective allotted time. The remaining time will be reserved for a moderated discussion session.
- Please note that due to scheduling, we must insist that speakers do not exceed their allotted time. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions with regard to the time allotted for the duration of your presentation. The chair in charge of moderating your panel will stop your speech after 20 minutes regardless of whether you have finished giving your talk.
- Please save any slides necessary for your speech as a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation on a USB flash drive. Presentations will be loaded from an Apple Mac Pro laptop computer for digital projection.
- If you are using any video or sound clips in your presentation, please include the original file alongside your presentation on your USB flash drive.
- We kindly request that you arrive at your designated speaking location at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of your session.
- During this time, you will upload any slides to the Medicine X conference computers, introduce yourself to the chair in charge of moderating your session and tell the session chair how you would like to be announced to the audience. This time also allows us to rearrange the schedule, if necessary, to account for unavoidable conflicts.
You must now Register for Medicine X
- Registration for Stanford Medicine X opens May 15th, 2014 here: https://medicinex.stanford.edu/registration-rates-2014/
- Early registration will give you preferential choice in masterclass registration as well as registration for the highly demanded IDEO Design Challenge.
- At least one author (the presenter) must register for the Medicine X conference within 2 weeks of acceptance in order for us to confirm your place in our program. All speakers must register for the Medicine X conference in order to attend. Medicine X is an academic conference, we do not have commercial exhibit halls. Registration fees that are paid by presenters help to support the conference and costs such as video recording and publication of presentations.
- Early bird rates are valid until May 1, 2014.
- Registration for Medicine X confers the following benefits:
- Access to the three day program (September 5-7, 2014);
- Opportunity to apply for admission to Master Classes (early applicants will be favored for possible admission to Master Classes);
- Official Stanford Medicine X presenters portrait (see examples above);
- High quality video recording and publication of your presentation in an open access format on the Stanford Medicine X website;
- One ticket to the exclusive Stanford Medicine X sunset cocktail/welcome reception on the Stanford Alumni lawn;
- Catered breakfast and lunch each day of the conference (September 5-7, 2014);
- Access to the Stanford Medicine X wellness room which contains wellness areas;
- Once you register for the conference, your name, title of your presentation and picture will be uploaded to our speakers page.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!