Congratulations for being selected as a poster presenter at the Medicine X Conference at Stanford University (Sept 5-7, 2014).
Please read this page carefully as it contains important information regarding the upcoming Medicine X conference.
- Please check back closer to the conference to find the finalized scheduled time of your session. We cannot yet guarantee the exact time and date of your presentation, as this will be assigned 1 week before the conference, however, please note that your poster presentation will take place on either Friday, September 5, Saturday, September 6 or Sunday, September 7, 2014.
- All poster presentations will take place on the first floor of the main conference venue.
Poster Size and Placement
- The dimensions of your poster must be no larger than 4 ft. x 3 ft.
- You will mount your poster on an easel provided by the Medicine X staff. Thumb tacks or Velcro dots will be provided to assist the mounting of your poster.
- Due to space constrictions, no tables will be provided. Please place handouts in a plastic folder.
- Please be prepared to present your poster 30 minutes prior to your designated presentation time. Poster presentation times are during the lunch period.
- Please remain by your poster for the duration of your session.
- Please remove your poster at the end of day on which you present. Posters left on the boards at the end of each day will be discarded and will not be mailed to presenters after the conference.
- The organizers of Medicine X 2014 are not responsible for damage to posters during display, removal, or the time following removal, nor are they responsible for removal or loss of a poster.
- Please remain standing by your poster for the duration of your session.
- A Medicine X conference staff member will award you with a certificate of participation if you are standing next to your poster when the staff member arrives.
Suggestions for Preparing Posters
- Make all material readable from 5 ft.
- Make the poster self-explanatory
- State your objectives and give concise experimental details
- Make clear tables and give a illuminating conclusion
- Using excessive text
- Overcrowd the poster
You must now Register for Medicine X
- Registration for Stanford Medicine X opens May 15th, 2014 here: https://medicinex.stanford.edu/registration-rates-2014/
- Early registration will give you preferential choice in masterclass registration as well as registration for the highly demanded IDEO Design Challenge.
- At least one author (the presenter) must register for the Medicine X conference within 2 weeks of acceptance in order for us to confirm your place in our program. All speakers must register for the Medicine X conference in order to attend. Medicine X is an academic conference, we do not have commercial exhibit halls. Registration fees that are paid by presenters help to support the conference and costs such as video recording and publication of presentations.
- Early bird rates are valid until May 1, 2014.
- Registration for Medicine X confers the following benefits:
- Access to the three day program (September 5-7, 2014);
- Opportunity to apply for admission to Master Classes (early applicants will be favored for possible admission to Master Classes);
- Official Stanford Medicine X presenters portrait (see examples above);
- High quality video recording and publication of your presentation in an open access format on the Stanford Medicine X website;
- One ticket to the exclusive Stanford Medicine X sunset cocktail/welcome reception on the Stanford Alumni lawn;
- Catered breakfast and lunch each day of the conference (September 5-7, 2014);
- Access to the Stanford Medicine X wellness room which contains wellness areas;
- Once you register for the conference, your name, title of your presentation and picture will be uploaded to our speakers page.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!