- Please check back closer to the conference to find the finalized scheduled time of your session. We cannot yet guarantee the exact time and date of your presentation, as this will be assigned 1 week before the conference, however, please note that your workshop presentation will take place on either Friday, September 5, Saturday, September 6 or Sunday, September 7, 2014.
- All workshop presentations will take place in either the main conference hall or a breakout room..
Workshop Presentation Set-Up
We would like to do everything we can in order to help you prepare for your upcoming workshop presentation.
- There will be a projector and computer available for your use at your discretion.
- Please provide your own iPad/iPod if you you would like that to display on-screen.
- Please let us know you you envision your workshop so that we may do everything we can to accommodate your request.
- If you would like to share your work to a broad audience, we will be available to film your workshop presentation during the conference in a separate studio.
Your Workshop Presentation
- Your presentation will be approximately 90 minutes in length. Please remember this is a Workshop session. Audience interaction is extremely important. Please plan for time to interact with your audience. Plan for fun ways to engage your audience in your presentation.
- Please note that due to scheduling, we must insist that speakers do not exceed their allotted time. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions with regard to the time allotted for the duration of your presentation.
- Please save any slides necessary for your workshop as a PowerPoint or Keynote presentation on a USB flash drive. Presentations will be loaded from an Apple Mac Pro laptop computer for digital projection.
- If you are using any video or sound clips in your presentation, please include the original file alongside your presentation on your USB flash drive.
- If necessary, you may use your own laptop. However, please arrive early to ensure that we are able to connect your laptop to the plasma display.
- We kindly request that you arrive at your designated classroom at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of your session.
- During this time, you will upload your slides to the Medicine X conference computers and introduce yourself to the technician. This time also allows us to rearrange the schedule, if necessary, to account for unavoidable conflicts.
You must now Register for Medicine X
- Registration for Stanford Medicine X opens May 15th, 2014 here: https://medicinex.stanford.edu/registration-rates-2014/
- Early registration will give you preferential choice in masterclass registration as well as registration for the highly demanded IDEO Design Challenge.
- At least one author (the presenter) must register for the Medicine X conference within 2 weeks of acceptance in order for us to confirm your place in our program. All speakers must register for the Medicine X conference in order to attend. Medicine X is an academic conference, we do not have commercial exhibit halls. Registration fees that are paid by presenters help to support the conference and costs such as video recording and publication of presentations.
- Early bird rates are valid until May 1, 2014.
- Registration for Medicine X confers the following benefits:
- Access to the three day program (September 5-7, 2014);
- Opportunity to apply for admission to Master Classes (early applicants will be favored for possible admission to Master Classes);
- Official Stanford Medicine X presenters portrait (see examples above);
- High quality video recording and publication of your presentation in an open access format on the Stanford Medicine X website;
- One ticket to the exclusive Stanford Medicine X sunset cocktail/welcome reception on the Stanford Alumni lawn;
- Catered breakfast and lunch each day of the conference (September 5-7, 2014);
- Access to the Stanford Medicine X wellness room which contains wellness areas;
- Once you register for the conference, your name, title of your presentation and picture will be uploaded to our speakers page.