Medicine X is pleased to announce its first eBook, entitled Our e-Patients. The book is designed to provide insight into our 2012 Stanford Medicine X | Alliance Health e-Patient Scholarship program and will share the stories of the 35 e-patient scholars attending the conference September 28-30, 2012.
The book includes contributing text from Larry Chu, MD, Nick Dawson, Regina Holliday, Julia James and Amy Tenderich. It also features the artwork of Regina Holliday. A selection of e-patient profiles from the Stanford Medicine X Film series is also included in this enhanced eBook. The book was produced by the Stanford AIM lab.
The book is available free of charge (for iBook, please load from your iPad). Full version 232MB, has videos. Lite version 18MB, has no videos :
How to install the iBook on your iPad:
- Load this web page in your web browser on your iPad.
- Click the iBook icon above. The file should begin to download in your iPad Safari browser.
- Please be patient as the book downloads. It is 232MB and may take several minutes depending upon the speed of your Internet connection.
- When the iBook is finished downloading, you will see the following appear in your Safari window:
- Press the Open in “iBooks” button. Please be patient. The iPad may not appear to be doing anything but it is reading the book into the iBooks app. Within a minute or two, the book should open automatically in the iBooks app.
- Enjoy reading our book in the iBooks app.
I don’t have an iPad. Can I still read the book?
- Sure! Just click the “PDF” icon above and you can load the book as a standard PDF file.
- Please note, enhancements such as the videos included in the iBook won’t play in the PDF file.